Tuesday, 14 November 2017

Fighting Through The Mess

I will miss the youngsters when they've flown the nest

Planned for next weekend

But right now there are boxes all over our table

Piles of miscellaneous 'stuff' dotted all over the place

And quite frankly I can't be bothered to try and tidy

As it would be undone in an instant

When they have gone I need to get what was their room painted

Skirting boards on

Then we shall move into that room

Hopefully no more banging my head on a sloping ceiling

Then once our old room is empty it'll be a coat of paint

And those skirting boards on

Before moving the daybed out of the little office room

And making a welcoming guest room for when Sonshine and his girlfriend come on the Friday

That's going to be going some!

Then the spare room can also be my work room

And I will no longer be looking at folders while trying to relax of an evening

Bliss

A living room that is just that

I can almost feel my toes wiggling in front of the fire

Soon we will have extended the hearth and we will be able to leave the woodburner door open if we so choose

However today I feel the need of a list

So for now

Blessings J. x



6 comments:

  1. I don't know if it will help at all but my dining room looks like bomb has gone off in it so you are not alone in your mess.
    Boxes, bags, a bucket full of wrapping paper and a tiny Marlowe sized dishwasher to go along with her swanky new Ikea kitchen....to be joined later by a tiny washing machine.

    It's so fantastic to hear you so upbeat and optimistic....despite the hard work you have yet to do.
    Love and Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Marlowe will be thrilled with her new kitchen! Yes I am feeling upbeat despite the extreme mess! Thank you dear friend. x

      Delete
  2. You are certainly not afraid of hard work Jackie. Always busy creating your home. You deserve to put your feet up in front of the fire now and again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is that once you stop, you kind of don't want to start again! x

      Delete
  3. Once all the upheaval had done just that ... upheaved and gone ... and the skirting boards are no long skirting about and the paint is dried on the walls, it will have been worth it! Just keep on wriggling those toes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I shall be sat with my eyes closed...possibly mouth gently open...maybe even a small dribble escaping...absolutely knackered, but in front of a lovely warm fire and with a wonderfully content feeling wrapped around me! x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.