Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Using All The Senses

Yesterday could be described as a 'heavy' day

I absorbed lots of other people's emotions

And quite frankly it wore me out

When I got home what I felt like doing was curling up into the foetal position and waiting for rescue

However

Having been given the heads up firstly from Hawthorn on here that it could be a very natural trait I have of absorbing the feelings of others and all sorts of other things I took action

Heidi point blank refused to accompany me so she was left abandoned at home

I was off

Up the road and down the lane, round the corners and on for quite a way

It wasn't a particularly restful walk

And I didn't stop to admire the beauty around me

I stepped out and gradually my breathing became less ragged

On reaching home Heidi presented me with a very sad face which I chose to ignore in favour of preparing our evening meal

Then hubby phoned to say that he was being fed where he was working and would be away all evening

Aah well

This gave me the opportunity to try again with Heidi after tea

She was reluctant at first, thinking she'd prefer to be having a trip in the car

But with a little coaxing, over the road and down the lane we went...and into the wood

This time I was absorbed in my surroundings

The evening air held the wonderful scent of honeysuckle

I stopped and took deep breaths

It was past mid evening but still we entered the wood

The only sounds were of nature

A blackbird scuttled from right in front of my feet before taking a low flight path away from us

Other birds were clearly settling themselves down for the night

I talked and touched trees

Spoke gently to the ferns

And whispered to the waters in the stream

Heidi was alert to sounds I could not hear

Whether she saw deer that frequent the bank by the stream I don't know

The recent rains have allowed for lush growth which provides good coverage

We lingered a while, me watching the flies dance just above the waters surface

And Heidi to sniff where she pleased

Then

Back up the path we went

Me feeling much more at ease and Heidi looking very happy

I didn't want to take photos

I just wanted to use my imagination

And I often clutched the pendant that had arrived for me earlier and I had immediately worn

Of blue and green obsidian

I hope that this will absorb some of the negative energies from others that they freely and without knowing pass on to me

In fact I was so confident that it had indeed taken away some of my negative baggage that I showered without removing said pendant in order to cleanse the stones

Many times I stopped and gazed at ivy

Growing strong up the sides of trees

I could feel the invisible pull of roots through my own feet down into the earth

Until once more we were back in the lane

I know I need to repeat this experience often

For not just physical health

We have more senses than we care to understand sometimes

Last evening I felt truly alive

Not just hustling along with the masses

But being me, the real me

And fitting in with the natural world

Being a part of reality

In our modern world I feel we have to be what is expected of us

Not what we really are

Blessings J. x




12 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Well done, keep doing that - Shinrin-yoku, forest bathing. If you can - take of your shoes and 'feel' the earth. It is wonderful, cleansing and strengthening. Tell Heidi it is good for her too! If you can squeeze into your day some reading - Emma Restall Orr - Living Druidry : Magical Spirituality for the Wild Soul. She writes beautifully on how to connect with the earth through doing just what you have been - listening, feeling and being. keep at it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you...I'll check out your recommendations...no bare feet this evening though it is now pouring down! x

      Delete
  2. Oh how I can identify with your feelings.
    Maybe I should find somewhere to take that walk.
    Hugs and blessings dear Jackie-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can highly recommend walking to benefit both our physical and emotional elements. Huggies x

      Delete
  3. It sounds to me like both walks were very much needed. One good way to avoid absorbing other peoples negative emotions is by simply holding your hand over your solar plexus. It creates a shield and stops your own energy from leaking out. When you have a quiet moment, lie down and place the obsidian on your solar plexus and let it reinforce your energy shield.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like an interesting snip of information...thank you. x

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful way to ground yourself. You've painted a beautiful picture. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My yes it was a beautiful evening...unlike tonight which is mucky and wet...I have had a good stride out after work though despite thunder threatening heavy drizzle. x

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful post. I too am at my happiest when absorbed in nature.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I should do it far more often than my life allows. x

      Delete
  6. I love how you write, I was right there with you on those walks and what a day for me to read this as I am feeling very "that way" too. Thank you for reminding me and I hope you get lots more walks like this soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tracey...sometimes it all just builds and builds and if we don't let it go I guess we pop or end up a horrible twisted mess...I can put off going for a walk quite easily...not enough time, too hot, too cold, or can't be bothered...but once I'm out there and doing it I keep going even though my feet hurt! x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.