Thursday, 1 June 2017

It's Been A While

It must be a certain time of year

I really don't like the term busy

But well

That's just what I have been

So

The river of poppies

Really quite something

But there were even more

Rather a lot of damp eyes around the displays

I believe the ones in the centre display numbered eleven thousand five hundred

The number of lives lost from Devon in the First World War

And our Son's special someone

Well she's lovely

I've been up with him from last Friday to yesterday and have now hit a pile of work running

It's hard to believe that the Summer Solstice will soon be upon us

There is much to do

I know I'll set myself up to fail with unrealistic targets

For tonight I am satisfied that our bedding has at long last been changed to light Summer weight

Blessings J. x


 

4 comments:

  1. Summer must officially be here if you've changed your bedding. 😉
    Busy is good as long as you don't overdo it and I'm happy to read that the special someone is lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few sunny days at last here too. The river of poppies is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to all of those lives that were lost. War is just so senseless to me. Thank you for sharing the photos. I was wondering what the poppies would look like. I'm also so happy that your son found a wonderful girl. Who could ask for anything more? : ) Have a beautiful week ahead and be safe. xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The river of poppies is stunning.

    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.