Monday, 15 May 2017

Nonplussed

My bedroom curtains are open revealing a grey blustery day

I should be up and dressed already

But instead have brought my morning cuppa back to bed

Just how quickly I can get ready for work I shall put to the test

Enthusiasm is low at this point for venturing forth and earning money

Saturday evening found us at yet another wedding party

I'm all in with this constant party life

But at last all the invitations have been exhausted

Time for a rest in the partying department!

It has been fun but we're not as young as we used to be

I shan't be leaving any washing billowing on the line

By the time I return goodness knows who's garden it would be in

And I now can see that it's raining

Ah well

Got to water the weeds somehow

Blessings J. x

3 comments:

  1. I can not believe I am actually glad it is raining! My poor garden has been very thirsty and the soil had developed cracks! I'd emptied all the water barrels keeping the veg seedlings alive so am hoping that by the end of the this rain they will be full again. You are very brave to get back into bed - I find it hard enough to leave it in the first place then I just leave myself enough time to get ready - hope your day improves x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was late up this morning. You know when you wake in that perfectly comfortable and cosy spot and you just don't want to get out of bed....well that was me.
    No matter as it is raining so no rush to get washing out and all that needs doing is the hoovering.

    Hope you manage to have a good day.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've done far too much partying lately and I can't wait to do nothing, hopefully this coming bank holiday weekend! I hope the weather has perked up for you x

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.