Thursday, 6 April 2017

Grunge

This beautiful early evening finds me exhausted

It's been a very hectic day workwise

And another forecast for tomorrow

Things are changing in the way diplomas are funded and assessed starting next month so I seem to be acquiring more than my fair share of students at the moment

I have agreed to this

It's just that I keep getting accosted by potential learners whilst visiting others and I'm not au fait with all the funding gubbins so my head is in a whirl

Youngest is on a mega organise Mother effort bless her!

At the moment the rest of the tribe are at the farm logging

I am home preparing a roast chicken tea

And sorting laundry

Oh and noticing the absolute state of this cottage thanks to some gorgeous sunshine

The windows all need another clean

Heidi has obviously come in wet and muddy and rubbed up against just about everything

I've shaken out the rugs that appeared to be full of sand

The beach has been visited three times in the past week and Heidi's coat has the capability of hoovering up an awful lot of beach!

Dust...don't get me started on the dust

It really is awful

But my feet and head are both throbbing

I am only human

Everywhere needs cleaning, rubbing down and painting

In a grunge colour

But the outside walls need plastering so grunge paint will have to wait

My goodness I am soooo tired

Blessings J. x


10 comments:

  1. Goodness, things sound hectic, hope you get a good nights sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are only human and sometimes you just have to turn a blind eye to the things that can be done when they get done and nibble away at the more important things for now.
    Be kind and gentle to yourself sweetheart.
    Dr Tea Towel prescribes a nice soothing warm bath in a candlelit bathroom before getting into bed.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh maybe later...hit the sack before 9 last night! x

      Delete
  3. Bless you. I sometimes like the idea of stripping my house bare, giving it a thorough clean and putting everything back again. There always seems to be too much to do and as soon as its clean someone makes another mess. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good...our mess is made by nobody, somebody, and everybody...! x

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you almost need to step outside for a moment and breathe. Everything else will have to wait. Particularly the dust, the dust can wait x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me the dust is waiting...and a daily walk is very precious at the moment. x

      Delete
  5. I know how you feel. Spring clean is on the way....though it might be winter before I get time to do it....
    who cares! There's dandelion wine to be made instead...hic. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vacuumed today with my carpet sweeper. Too lazy to take out the actual vacuum cleaner. The windows are all a wreck here as well. I'm not doing anything above and beyond necessary until mud season is done. With four kids, three cats and two dogs, there's no point. : ) Take it easy and enjoy your weekend. xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.