Saturday, 4 March 2017

Knit And Natter

This is what I've been up to today

Knitting poppies for the river of poppies due to be displayed at Devon County Show in May then afterwards at Exeter Cathedral

Youngest came too and curiosity got the better of her so I cast on for her and she made me proud by knitting the middle left poppy and she's never really knitted before!

There was quite a bit of nattering too

We both knitted one more each after the above photo of our efforts

I envisage some future brooch making!

Back home this evening I've tackled a few more rows of my cardigan

An unwelcome sore throat has come a calling

I'm trying to ignore the little blighter

And I know that as I've played today, tomorrow I'll have to knuckle down and get cracking

So despite the blowing of the wind

And the lashing of the rain

And the gnawing bite of the chill

I have shelter

And am grateful to sit beside our fire

Blessings J. x


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my....the poppies are gorgeous.
    Don't you start with another poorly Mrs. Make yourself some honey and lemon to drink or failing that some whisky in warm water and tell it in no uncertain terms to go away...lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ginger wine also which is quite useful! x

      Delete
  2. The poppies are great. What a wonderful idea and so sweet of your daughter to help. I hope, following a good night's sleep, the sore throat has been sent on its way. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still around but thankfully no worse. Hoping daughter may attempt a small knitting project sometime soon. x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful poppies, well done on recruiting a new knitter and and an excellent poppy being the result!

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.