Saturday, 18 March 2017

Just How Much

Mending and making do

But how much is decent

Hubby has a problem in a delicate area

Repeatedly!

The crotch in his work trousers is constantly in need of repair

I don't quite know the intricacies of what causes this wear and tear

But I'm wondering if the botched repair I've executed today is a stitch too far

After all

I wouldn't want any chafing in that department

I'd never hear the last of it!

Another two pairs of my woolly tights have also seen yet more stitchwork

Every extra days wear has to count for something surely

Talk of the devil

He's just returned to the fold for an afternoon of rugby watching

I'm sitting tight in my chair basking in lamplight

And the fire is trying to burn

Albeit not very well in this wild wet weather

Blessings J. x


 

5 comments:

  1. This weather is wild and windy. Tried to lay down a path and had to give up, just so wet, was worried about damaging the soil structure, now inside having succumbed to leek and potato soup and the Woodburner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bit on the damp side here today. I've been sewing up holes in socks! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I hate mending trousers with a passion...turning them up, patching between the legs or sewing buttons on...I hate it all.
    You are a true heroine if you have sewn trousers today...lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I nearly spit out my coffee!!! Lol!!! I hope everything works out with your husband's trousers!!! : ) xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. He may be wearing the wrong size..if the crotch is hanging too far down from where it should sit , it causes excess stress on the fabric. Husbands are notorious for not wanting to get bigger trousers, if they need a larger size. Of course this is just a guess on my part, as I have never met your dear husband. Best of luck with the repairs.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.