Saturday, 11 March 2017

A Mass Of Hopes And Dreams

If you could but see inside my mind

So many hopes and dreams there

Some long forgotten now

But just maybe something will happen for us

Though maybe not what we originally hoped and dreamed of

My whole body feels in turmoil

For we can do nothing just yet

But wait

And hopefully set good things in motion

All very cryptic

Sewing

I need to sew

Warm curtains

Luscious door curtains

Maybe some roman blinds

Padded table cloths

The same interlining and backing as the curtains

Squidgy

Comforting

Rugs too

Ones that I can pick up and wash

Almost daily!

I need to fight this malaise that is gripping my body

And look forward

To what can be

Instead of what might have been

And not be sad at wasted years

As futile as

Upset and fallen tears

Learn to let it go

Find my happiness from within

And get my creative self back

She who left long ago

Wants and needs to return

Blessings J. x

 





8 comments:

  1. Am going through similar and turbulent inner thoughts too, sending positive intentions, hugs and empathy. Allow creativity to help you through, I find it very therapeutic and empowering, blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending hugs your way too...together we are stronger! Why is life just so unfair sometimes...x

      Delete
  2. I just hate to think of you being sad so I am manically hoping for all of your hopes and dreams to come true sooner rather than later.
    Love and Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sheila...truth be told I no longer know what I wish for myself...time and circumstances have made me very cautious about wishing for anything. I'm not so much sad as unsettled...things might happen and even good changes can be unsettling! I'm half tempted to tell all but I just can't at the moment until I've jumped through some more hoops and get things straight in my head. x

      Delete
    2. Unsettled is a horrible feeling. I think you tend to think that at our sort of age you will be settled and when you find you're not it makes the feelings worse.
      I hope the hoop jumping is as painless as possible and you come through the other side with everything falling into place.
      Love and Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sending hugs Jackie. I'm in a similar state of mind too. Let's be grateful for those hopes and dreams. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Jules...I'm sure it's the knocks that make us stronger more resilient understanding humans...but it is a hard road with little opportunities for resting. Take care of your dreams. x

      Delete
  4. I've been feeling a bit unsettled lately as well. Part of it is hormonal I think and another part is how much turmoil seems to be going on in this world of ours. I hope you're feeling better soon and I hope all works out the way you want it to. xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.