Sunday, 26 February 2017

A Bear In The Woods

Ah...our beautiful English weather is giving us cold rain on this Sunday afternoon

We have been out to lunch

With full tummies we have now come home to relax

Well I am relaxing

Youngest has gone to work

Hubby is watching the rugby

Caveman 2 is dreaming on eBay!

I came home with a large parcel of meat for Heidi

Leftovers from our carvery lunches

My... there was more meat on our plates than we have nearly all the week!

None of us managed to clear our plates

Heidi was rather happy about it

A couple of days ago the weather was much more pleasant

We took a walk down to the woods

And then I noticed the bear

Legs in the air

Yes rolling in some obnoxious substance

Certainly not Chanel no5

It was very beautiful

But not a snowdrop to be seen which I was quite disappointed about

Lots of moss on this dead wood

Youngest tried to splash the smelly dog

But that was easier said than done

Signs of the coming Spring were evident

Shoots of wild garlic visible

Birds singing

A little more strength in the sun

Yes I do believe it's coming

Blessings J. x


 

7 comments:

  1. Windy here but no rain at the mo. Our dogs also roll in revolting things so I sympathise! Loved your last post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I'm sure your rain will soon come! x

      Delete
  2. Your woods look like something out of a fairy tale. So pretty!! I love the moss and the little stream and bridge. My mother had a black Newfoundland. Her name was Chloe. She looked so much like your pup. She was the sweetest dog I've ever met. Had this way of looking thru you, not just at you. My mother had to have her put down last year. She was ten and couldn't walk anymore. We were so sad. It made me smile to see Heidi rolling around and in the stream. Not a care in the world. That's how it should be. :) xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dread the day when Heidi goes to the Summerlands...she is such a wonderful companion...she will be seven come July. x

      Delete
  3. Heidi does look like a fluffy, cuddly bear. She's gorgeous.
    Even I am ready for some sunshine and dry weather now for a while if only to dry up the midden that is our back garden.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never fathom why dogs want to roll in smelly stuff, Sol and Tess dont seem to want to but Kara was always rolling in stuff,nice to see Hedi is recovered and enjoying walks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had endless grey wet days but as compensation I have more snowdrops in my garden than I have had before - so I am pleased with their surprise appearance :) you definitely have a bear in that there woods of yours !

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.