Friday, 6 January 2017

And On We Go

Slowly...
Very slowly I feel progress being made in certain parts of my body...
Namely tummy, and er...lower down...
I've even braved a morning cup of tea...
Albeit black...
So why does my throat now feel as if I've swallowed a load of rusty old razor blades?
I have a certain amount of paperwork that I do need to sort in readiness for my line manager to collect this afternoon...
I have to or basically I won't get paid...
Ouch!
The fire I hoped to keep in overnight didn't last so it's not as toasty downstairs as here in bed!
I shall venture back down and get it roaring before having a shower and hair wash...
Just not quite yet...
This bug leaves you feeling rather weak I notice...
Though yesterday I managed to eat quite a bit...
Strange things I fancied...
And youngest bless her went shopping for me...
Good girl!
First some gently fried cold potato with salad cream...
Next I went on a hunt for a tin of pears and some custard...
No joy, but I did find a butterscotch angel delight...
Whilst youngest was shopping I had a strange urge to eat salty crisps...
So I did...
Then she returned with bananas...
So I mashed one and down it went!
After all this, things went backwards slightly...
But later on I decided I really needed to venture forth to the log store...
One trip...
Two trips...
Rest...
But later...
More trips...
And some washing...
And a quick hoover...
And take out rubbish and recycling...
Remove some tinsel...which has left red all over the bannister!
Then I cleared off and dusted the dresser...
But then a crash out...
I even opened the parcel of wool, though by this time it was quite dark, and I just confirmed that it is the correct colour though I didn't check the quantity...
Hubby came home...
And I apologised for making fun of him the other day when he carried a roll of toilet paper everywhere with him...
Next it was pizza for tea...
And for once I didn't care it came from a box...
Instead I was grateful...
It tasted rather good...
Then I finished off the angel delight...
Tummy kept making alarming noises which resulted in several trips up the stairs...
Just in case...
Nod...wink...
If you've ever had this bug you'll understand where I'm coming from!
And we may as well laugh about it when we can...
So what for today...
Well first job the fire...
The heart of our home...
Next a shower and change of clothing...
Then all the paperwork my manager needs...
Well after a mashed banana anyway...
Then the final few figures our accountant needs...
I had been waiting all through December to hear from them...
But didn't...
And was horrified to get an email reply the other day when I asked if I had missed any form of communication with them that they had sent a letter on 5th of a December!
Don't know where that went...
Usually we'd get a phone call also as back up...
So a big panic as the files I'd sent them had been in the wrong format...
PDF not Excel...
Oh bother...
So now a big rush to get everything completed and tax returns filed...
Never again will I leave it so late...
We didn't want a large accountants bill around the time of the wedding...
Actually we still don't want a large accountants bill...
So that's my day planned...
Except I've forgotten the task of tree removal...
Maybe there's a good reason for wanting to forget that messy job!!
Blessings J. x







3 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the mend yes feeling weak I remember, feeling guilty that I was leaving everything to hubby too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like you're feeling a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to read that there is light at the end of your tunnel of poorlyness....albeit a pinprick at the moment.
    Oooooh....angel delight....haven't had that for ages-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.