Tuesday, 27 December 2016

For The Love Of A Fireside

Winter

When with your icy breath you chill the air

The fireside is my friend and sanctuary

I warm my toes on the hearth

I boil a kettle upon you

I prove bread by your side

In the darkness your flames provide a dancing light show

I have made plans beside you

Exciting browsing of knitting patterns

Spending of money on yarn without having to leave your side

I've been cheered by your welcome

After a chilly dog walk

As I gaze deep into you

Memories stir

Of past firesides

Of family long gone

Comfort

Warmth

Sustenance

I need you

I will always need you

Especially when Winters breath chills the air

Blessings J. x


 

4 comments:

  1. This is why I am dragging my heels over deciding to change our heating system.
    I need to see the heat to be warm.

    Beautiful words Jackie-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this sitting in front of the wood burner, knitting, every word you wrote resonated with me X blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing quite like a real fire to warm you right through to your soul. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to have a fire like yours, I can feel the love you have for it :D
    Happy New Year to you and your family.x

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.