Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Come With Me

A walk

A mini adventure

Call it what you will

This overgrown puppy had been miserable all morning

Probably because I had been busy shifting things and shampooing the carpet in readiness for the cavemen to finish putting up the skirting boards

We went through the door and stopped to admire the festive decor!

We crossed the road and headed off down the much quieter lane

But only after uttering a few expletives to a 'driver' who clearly didn't understand numbers and namely the 30mph speed limit.

Along the way we...well I stopped to admire the beauty of nature

Heidi stopped to relieve herself and sniff everything

We decided to walk in a large loop so didn't veer off here

Instead we carried on down and entered the wood

I saw lovely greenery fit to grace the finest homes and tables


 

These trees were creaking alarmingly and I thought it best not to linger

Still we walked

Crunching fallen leaves as we went

Still sniffing


And by now looking much happier

 

Heidi kept looking longingly downwards towards the stream

She chose not to go alone but eventually reached the point where she knows I can follow

 

There was no holding her back then

Down the bank she went and flop

Bliss if you are a shaggy black dog

I followed at a much slower pace

So slow that Heidi came back to 'assist' me down the slope by barging past at the narrowest point

All heart and no brain!

She once again cooled herself in the stream before trotting across the rickety rotten bridge

I did not immediately follow so was treated to a waiting dog who apparently loves me so much she will never stray far from my side

I am also the hand that feeds her so quite probably it's a self preservation issue!

Then we began the uphill part of our adventure

Heidi still sniffing at anything and everything


I still happily snapping photos

The winter sun, low in the sky, looked enthreal as it cast its magic through the trees

Still onwards we walked

Small details caught my eye such as this brightly coloured leaf stem

And still Heidi kept to a close radius around me

Stopping when I did and patiently waiting

Occasionally I turned to look back at how far we had walked


To be continued...

Blessings J. x















 

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh that was a lovely walk.
    Thanks for taking us with you.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning place you live in. So peaceful too by the look of it. Beautiful - I would have enjoyed this walk. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me tag along again. I've had a bad day, and that was just what I needed. Seasons Blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sunny walk. Thanks for sharing Jackie. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, I am late catching up :(. That is a gorgeous walk and I was amused to see your first picture of the stream WITHOUT Heidi in it. We used to have a Bearded Collie with 'otter' in his DNA and I am sure Newfies are the same . . . "See water, have to sit in it". Looks like she had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.