Thursday, 17 November 2016

Excitement

Getting ready to visit Sonshine...not that the sun shines our of his b...side, but he has hair the colour of dried apricots which I craved during my pregnancy with him!

So yes...I am excited...

He loves mince pies...well actually he loves homemade mince pies

And potato pasty...

And boiled fruit cake...

And some of these...

Apple and cinnamon buns...

Put to prove by the warm fire...

Now all baked and four packed...the other two will be for youngest and her caveman this evening...

They also have some of one of two potato pasties...

And a large pot of stew...

Well this Mum likes to feed people!

Off now to finish packing...

Blessings J. x

 


 

11 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time up here Jackie.
    I have a bit of a crazy weekend else I'd say shall we meet up for coffee seeing as you are so near.
    Maybe we can sort it out for next time you are up-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something to look forward to one day...son has Friday afternoons off so a busy time for us also...Chatsworth Saturday...a good roast Sunday...may venture up by train few days alone sometime...will let you know if I do. Have a good weekend...nursing sore toes...ouch, and festive preparations...enjoy. x

      Delete
  2. You look after them well Jackie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And live every minute of it! Sshhh don't tell them though! x

      Delete
    2. Love every minute also....plonker fingers typing today! x

      Delete
  3. nothing beats mums cooking, they are so lucky to have a mum who cooks for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son quickly stashed away the goodies! He's having to share the pasties though...and the jar of runner bean chutney I brought! He knows his Mother loves him!! x

      Delete
  4. Mr GBT has just gone mmmm at your apple and cinnamon buns!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were indeed mmmmmm...just make like Chelsea buns but with a finely chopped cooking Apple and cinnamon with butter and sugar...D E L I C I O U S! x

      Delete
  5. My husband LOVES apple and cinnamon buns! It all looks fabulous and conjours up happy feelings for me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much comfort food surely?! x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.