Friday, 21 October 2016

Lazy So N So!

That's me this morning!

Delivery men knocking on front door...me still in bed!

The story...

We have an LG tumble dryer...when I bought it it was supposed to last for umpteen years, save oodles of electricity...be our saviour and all that...

However...it 'alleges' it will dry a load of cotton 9kg in 320 minutes...

Nope...after 320 minutes you start all over again...and sometimes again...

Bored yet?!

We've tried different programs, but it doesn't let you choose really dry unless it's on the darn eco setting...

Our washing generally gets treated to a good 14000 rpm spin and laundry gets hung out whenever possible...

But this is autumn...in Devon...

It rains...frequently...

We have been drying washing in front of the woodburner, but get this...we are 4 adults and a big hairy beast in a little cottage...damp air ain't really good for anyone day in day out...

So yesterday in a mad fit I succumbed, and ordered a Zanussi dryer...

Which turned up uber early this morning embarrassingly when I was still horizontal in my pit!

I could make excuses such as a bad nights sleep (all week actually) as chucking logs out the store, then playing skittles was a step to far apparently, and Wednesday morning I could hardly move my shoulder. It's still being a painful 'ugger, though not as bad as it was. I could say that hubby woke me up at silly o'clock when I had just nodded off to ask me something, but I shan't.

I shall just tell it like it is...at 7:50am this morning I was still in bed...knowing full well a delivery was scheduled for sometime today...bad girl.

So two delivery men have seen me in my nightie...with tasteful cardigan thrown on top in haste...bare legged and footed...poor things...

And now for another confession...

The other day I was going to bake some rock cakes...well they never happened that day...and they haven't happened since either...but they will...I promise!

Today is going to be rather hectic...yesterday we swopped the shelves in the kitchen for a small dresser, that's still in the car...reason being we desperately need somewhere to leave out the kenwood mixer. Too big a beast to keep lifting about. So everything that was on the shelves is now on the folding plastic table. We also ventured to Launceston to our favourite butchers and had a big monthly buy up! This we then vacuum packed into ration portions. I need to paint the end of the larder cupboard before the dresser goes into place so basically I really need to get my little butt moving!

Blessings J. x


3 comments:

  1. I once had delivery of a fridge freezer at 6.50am! At least it saved you waiting in all day. I hope it does the trick. I'd be sorely tempted to have a dryer if we only had the space. It's not much fun getting the washing dried here in the winter months either. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do make me laugh Jackie.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the delivery folk will have seen worse! Hope you have toasty warm clothes now :o).

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.