Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Foraging Happiness

Well as the weather has been lovely the last couple of days what's a country girl to do but a spot of foraging

...

Yesterday afternoon a dog walk on the commons found me bringing home this

Destined to be hawthorn jelly

...

Also bubbling away the past couple of days has been runner bean chutney and some rose hip syrup

...

I tried my new steam juicer for the rose hips but in the end decanted the lot and boiled it up

...

Dawn from http://doingitforourselfs.blogspot.co.uk/ has one and I was keen to give it a go

...

Part of the problem was a non juicy fruit that I didn't cut up first

...

No worries though I have plenty of juicy blackberries to pop into it later

...

And some apples and a few sloes which I'm undecided what to do with yet as we still have loads of sloe gin un drunk

...

I'm doing my very best to be upbeat but unfortunately hubby has come crashing down after the wedding

...

Now he wants to move again, not to our forever home, oh and as we've put most of our money into this house quite frankly we're up a junction

...

I am happy here, no the cottage is not in our name, but we do have a claim on at least half of it which when husbands fathers farm/estate is eventually split we hopefully won't need

...

I enjoy living with youngest and her partner, and they are happy, for hubby it's a man thing...it's not in his name, and obviously as we are the ones hoping to be leaving eventually we have let them choose styles etc.

...

So no I will not be contacting a financial adviser to pay nearly £300 to be told we can't raise enough money to go it alone up the road in a smaller but more expensive cottage that's coming onto the market

...

I have spoken to father in law though...he does have a rental property he could sell and buy said cottage and rent to us, however this still wouldn't be our forever home and needs much work doing on it just to bring it up to what we are already living in

...

Oh and it still wouldn't be in hubby's name

...

Happy days

...

J. X


 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hope the itchy feet is just a blip that will settle, none of our properties have my name on them, complicated long story all connected with buying the business some 20 years ago, it use to occasionally irk me, but when we came to buy this one and hubby said it would be in both names I said no whats the point in changing things, a bit of paper does not make a difference, it dosent bother me now at all, happy for it to all be in hubbies name its funny how things that used to bother you suddenly dont seem important, we do have paperwork in place should anything happen to hubby I wont become homeless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had itchy feet since a couple of years after we moved here but unfortuantely we would never be able to afford to move now. Most of the time I'm OK with it but just sometimes I wish we had somewhere a little bigger...like when I want a proper family Christmas with all of us and DDIL's family too-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know I do not like where I live for various reasons. I can understand your husband being unsettled as however hard I try to think of this house as home it never wil be. Great foraging. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - I enjoyed reading about your autumn foraging. I'm about to look for sloes (for sloe gin) but there doesn't seem so many around here this year.
    I hope the uncertainty around your home doesn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.