Monday, 31 October 2016

All Hallows Eve

The dark half of the year arrives.

Nature is largely resting.

Celebrations brighten up our modern world and are every bit as important as they were to our ancestors.

Though I fear that some may count their riches in false ways today.

This is sad...no more so than to those whose worlds are blighted by mindless consumerism.

Tonight we will welcome all that call upon us.

We have prepared boxes containing a few sweets for the children.

And a stand in soul cake for any hungry person.

I've just enjoyed mine with a lovely cup of tea.

Worth every single calorie!

We still have pumpkins to carve, and fake cobwebs to hang...I know I know...we have enough of the real ones! I just can't help myself.

Blessings J. x

 

11 comments:

  1. The sweet boxes are a fantastic idea and look brilliant. Such a treat for any little person to receive. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a happy night-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your halloween treat boxes, we have so many mini monsters, witches, zombies and the like it is easier just to have a tub of sweets and bar one or two, they all said thank you only again bar the same one or two only took one sweet each. We were pleasantly surprised. Samhain blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in a small hamlet along a main road which is supposed to be 30 mph max. There are quite a few elderly residents and I actually went around making it known we were welcoming children! Strange I know! x

      Delete
  4. It's all such fun- your boxes are fab!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy fun...I must be a happy witch! x

      Delete
  5. Hi there, I've just found your blog through Dawn's (DIFYIW) and have read a few posts which I have loved, so I've signed up to follow you. Just dropping in to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the fold. The teapot is plenty big enough so pop over whenever you feel like doing so! I'e just ventured through the screen into your blog and found that to be worth returning to so until we meet again x

      Delete
    2. Ah thank you :) I find I have days when I'm on lots and then other days when the world has other ideas, but I shall be around :) x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.