Monday, 19 September 2016

Ticks

Oh my, what a busy time we're having in the run up to our eldest daughters wedding on Saturday

...

Church cleaned...tick

New battery candles ordered...tick (old candles packed away for move and left with batteries inside, bad idea)

See through shirts returned, and more expensive but non see through shirts purchased...tick

Bridesmaids dresses collected...tick

Weight loss successful so look less like a ship about to set sail...tick!

All excess junk moved to inlaws...tick

Excitement building...tick

...

Oh if only I could share the plans!

But I can't

So until next week

...

Just time to share the Cornish Fairing recipe

...

4oz butter

4oz sugar

8oz plain flour

2 tsp bicarb

2 tsp baking powder

4 tbs golden syrup

3 tsp ground ginger

2 tsp mixed spice

1/2 tsp salt

Rub butter into flour spices and salt. Add sugar. Mix in warmed syrup. Use tsp to form small rounds on lined baking trays spaced well apart. I cook mine in a fan oven on 180 c. Small ones cook in around 10 mins

...

Be careful of strange winds that do funny things!!

J. x

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh I love weddings.
    I hope you all the most fabulous day.
    Keeping fingers crossed for nice weather for you-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very exciting Jackie. It will be a wonderful day. All the very best to your daughter and her intended. I'm going to try the fairings recipes this week and I don't care which way the wind blows. 😉 x

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.