Saturday, 3 September 2016

On My Lap

Oh what a dreary day

...

Non stop wet falling from a leaden grey sky

...

Not a day for foraging along the hedgerows

...

For blackberries

...

Not a day to dance along a beach, with the sand between your toes

...

No indeed

...

Instead a day to hunker down

...

Appreciate that Autumn has arrived

...

To dream of cosy evenings by the fire

...

A time to rest

...

After a hectic evening

...

After much being and doing

...

So this evening

...

On my lap is this


So excuse me please

...

I'm going to peer into this book

...

And soak up some foodie loveliness

...

J. x

 

2 comments:

  1. I have that one, I often read it over and over , I treat my cookbooks like novels I read every little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't particularly read cookery books but I do love to watch Nigel Slater cooking on tv. I think he is one of my most favourite chefs ever-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.