Friday, 9 September 2016

Keeping Active With A Busted Toe

A week ago last Tuesday whilst walking barefoot around the kitchen I caught my little toe smack into an apple crate

...

Ouch

...

Ascertaining that it was something a little more than a knock youngest bound two toes together and since then I've watched the enormous bruise change through many colours

...

Remarkably that bruise has faded fast

...

Unfortunately my little toe is still swollen and mighty painful

...

As in throbbing through the night painful

...

I've hobbled around the best way I can in some remarkably tasteful footwear

...

But two weeks tomorrow daughter gets married

...

And therein lies a problem

...

How on earth am I going to cope with my sensible but heeled shoes

...

I've developed rather a sexy lurch

...

Thinking that I may have been too hasty in ripping off the binding some fresh will be going on shortly!

...

Ah well

...

Anyway changing the subject, yesterday morning hubby came back up to our room to inform me that we didn't have any biscuits

...

Now biscuits are something that I've been avoiding lately

...

But who am I to deprive my Lord and Master

...

So after seeing a few learners I came home and donned a pinny to get creating

...

Cornish Fairings

I hadn't made these for many a year

...

And after calculating how many calories were in each biscuit a strange thing happened


Well

...

There was a mighty gust of wind through the open patio door

...

The crockery cupboard flew open

...

In an instant a tea plate landed on the table followed by a mug

...

It became eerily silent apart from the kettle that had mysteriously switched itself on

...

I found next that a teabag had settled into the mug

...

Strange things I tell you, strange things can happen when you bake centuries old recipes and the wind is blowing in the right direction

...

I won't tell you of the voices in my head telling me 'it's only fifty calories in the Cornish Fairing', or you'll feel the need to send some men around dressed in white coats

...

I really must get the pain sorted out, I do believe it' s sending me quite silly!

J. x

 

6 comments:

  1. Ouch!
    OH did that many years ago and his toe has never been the same since. Hope it mends enough for the best shoes.
    Funny wind you have down there

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch, we dont realise how much we use toes until one is injured, I hope is dosent infringe to much on tomorrows celebrations.
    Those biscuits look scrummy, like proper dunking biscuits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never under estimate the medicinal properties of a timely Cornish Fairing on injured toes - keep your toe protected - you'll need it for all that dancing and proud-mother-of-the-bride stuff you will be doing :) (recipe in the offing perchance?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gawd I went all twiddly when I read what you did to your poor toe.
    A biscuit and a lovely cuppa should go along way to making you feel better-x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch to the toe - I do hope it gets better in time for the best shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, ouch! Painful! I'm reading this post 10 days on so I hope the toe feels much better now as it's not long until heeled shoe time, is it. How easily these things happen and how eerie your wind is where you live ....:D

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.