Sunday, 4 September 2016

Hidden Expenses

When our eldest daughter informed us of her wedding plans we stepped in and offered to help with the cost of the wedding

...

So when venue, food, and entertainment were booked we sat back and thought, now that's not too bad!

...

Now we're in the final run down to the big day, and the expense is racking up

...

Little things like ribbon and candles, umbrellas and shirts

...

What if's and just in cases!

...

We haven't gone mad, just want a lovely day with lots of good memories

...

Still

...

It doesn't come cheap!!

...

My final dress fitting is next Wednesday

...

So I'm planning on breathing in to account for a possible further couple of pounds off by the time the wedding comes around

...

Well that's the plan anyway

...

Youngest is making a start on the flower border around the patio

...

I want her to do it herself, that way I know she'll want to look after it rather than hope I'll take control

...

What I will do is to sort through some of my tubs and redo some into smaller more manageable ones to bring home on the patio to echo the planting in the borders

...

That way when I go out to tend to those I hope daughter will take the hint and see to hers!

...

So far she's been tempted by a pale pink geranium 'Dreamland' a mid pink anemone hybrid 'Serenade', and an hydrangea 'Simonet Blue'.

...

She also has a small collection of daffodils, tulips and snowdrops.

...

Small steps

...

J. X


7 comments:

  1. Loving the sound of those colours for the borders. It should look very pretty-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming nuptials. Her paper dress was hilarious!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope it doesn't rain though or she'll be dressed in a soggy mess! x

      Delete
  3. Hello, our youngest child is a daughter. At nearly 23 she's starting her very first teaching job tomorrow after 4 yrs at Uni. I'm dreading the day she says she's getting married as our emergency fund will nowhere near cover the costs. I hope she wants a quiet affair!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to your daughter. Our bride to be was a teacher but is now happy in a position of teaching assistant. Less money, but less stress too. Hope they cut back on the paperwork for teachers soon as I know several who are leaving the profession. x

      Delete
  4. Yes expenses can add add up with weddings, lots of happy memories, the flower border sounds lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.