Monday, 22 August 2016

Next Stop Fifty!

Today I reached 49

...

Not sure how I feel about that!

...

It will just have to do I suppose as no amount of fretting over it is going to make a blind bit of difference.

...

So in celebration of this marking of time I took a day trip out to Fingle Bridge with my eldest daughter, her fiancé, their dog and Heidi.

We had a lovely day there, a very long walk, and a light lunch at the pub afterwards

The dogs loved to cool off in the river

...

Unfortunately Heidi toppled into the river head first and sank right down at one point. After this episode she would go in the water but not out of her depth

...

Poor Heidi, though it was mighty funny to watch!

Above is Heidi begging at the lunch table, and below is her checking that I'm not too far behind!

Trying to get a family photo, Heidi and Beatrice

Oops an inside out ear!

I came home to find these waiting from a friend in the porch

And this evening hubby and I went to Appledore for fish and chips and to listen to the Appledore Band playing

It's been a lovely day

...

Back to work tomorrow!

J. x

 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jackie. It's a good month for them (mine was last week 😉). It looks like you had a great day. My little dog used to get an inside out ear. I was forever putting it right. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules...only the best month to have a birthday! Belated greetings to you. x

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, it dosent hurt turning 50 its just a number :-) , its a wonderful time of your life, your celebration of 49 looks fab, love the doggie photos,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the number that will hurt...but all the creaky bits of me that go with it!! x

      Delete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday, 50 is fine, just wait until you're 61 then you can really start worrying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear...the things I have to look forward to! I can remember being at primary school and finding out that one teacher was 26 and being unable to imagine ever getting as old as that! x

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Jackie.
    What a lovely way to spend the day-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was, it really was...nothing fancy, but lots of love and laughter. x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.