Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Losing A Little Each Day

Now this title could refer to my flabby bits...but it doesn't...
I'm referring to daylight hours...
We're losing 3-4 minutes of it per day...
Now I love Autumn with a passion, but I don't yet feel I've had a proper Summer...granted we had a spell of lovely weather way back...but I was thinking that was very late Spring...
As I type I can hear further rainfall through my open window...
The baby swallows in their nest just by the window would do well to hunker down today...they make cutsie 'comfy' noises through the night...
It won't be long before they and countless others will be lining up and flying off to a warmer place...
Hopefully skies will become that beautiful shade of blue that almost speaks Autumn is nearly upon us...
The weekend just past was quite lovely though, and I took some time out with Sonshine who's home to visit Rosemoor...
This cheeky fellow watched us whilst we had refreshments at the Wisteria Tea Room...
Whilst this busy little mouse scuttled back and forth...
We saw giant trees...
And more of these...
Jokingly chose our Christmas tree...
Decisions decisions!
Chatted to the wildlife...
And dreamed of being small again...
Had a good look at the fruit varieties...
And had a simply lovely morning before checking in with reality and going back home to the continuing building work...
But the patio and steps are nearly done...phew...it has been a mammoth task...
I'm saving a photo for when it's finished...
Kind of anyway!
J. X

2 comments:

  1. The photographs of the Robin are delightful. Doesn't everyone just love Robins? I was just saying the other day how summer has been a bit of a non event this year. The weather hasn't been bad, just not great. I've given up hope and am ready for some Autumn days now. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Autumn and can't wait for it to arrive. There is a distinct nip in the air here this morning and the last couple of nights have been quite cold.
    Glad you had a lovely time with Sonshine-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.