Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Things We Don't Do Anymore

It struck me the other evening whilst doing a very old but new to me jigsaw just how many things we don't do anymore...

Turning off the tv manually...then waiting for the dot to disappear in the middle of the screen...this would not be late at night either!

Watching the test card...

Playing jacks...

Take a piece of ash to school on Ash Wednesday...

Say white rabbits on the first of every month...

Salute magpies...

Look up at the new moon...never through glass and turn over money in pocket...

Darn socks...

Fill churns with milk...

Hem bits of old sheeting for cloths...

Change the typewriter ribbon...

Lick stamps...

Dial numbers with your finger in the correct hole...

Answer your home phone by quoting your number including area code...

Anybody think of anything else?

J. X



 

2 comments:

  1. great list I have a couple of sets of jacks have been teaching the kids how to play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby and I just saluted a magpie this morning on our walk-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.