Monday, 18 July 2016

The Power Of Power

A very hot...and sweaty day...

Progress made to the steps and retaining walls...

Lots and lots of sunshine...

Loads of washing done...

Too hot to iron though...

Too hot to think really...

Especially after three successive five am wake ups from Heidi....

Howling for a mate as she's in season...

Pitiful...

Poor girl...

Hopefully the vet will consider her as having lost enough weight to be spayed soon...

A roast evening meal...

Hungrily gobbled down...

A very tricky jigsaw started...

Seriously...A Country Diary Of An Edwardian Lady puzzle...

50p at last weekends fete...

Mostly cream...

Sunlight fading...

Cooling mist rolling in...

Eerie...

Very eerie...

Bang...or so hubby heard outside...

We later found out that someone had taken out a low voltage power cable...

No lights then...

No ignition for the oil boiler...

Hubby went to check at the farm to see if that generator needed firing up...

It didn't, it was just 37 homes...all shrouded in very eerie mist...quiet...but then...

Hubby who had been working out in the heat all day brought home his generator to fire up in order to shower...other caveman had one too...

We then boiled the kettle, checked on elderly couple up the road...who of course had their Rayburn going!

Next was offer neighbors boiling water for bedtime drinks...

Then off with very noisy monster of a machine...

Battery candles for getting ready for bed...

A little progress made on very difficult jigsaw...

And then today it began all over again with a pitiful howl at 5am followed by a quick 'enough' in my best deep authorotive voice from me...

So now I should be getting ready for work...

I need a wake up something...

Looks like a lovely day...

Not that I'll see much of most of it...

Next time I promise a picture of the patio progress...

J. X


 

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the mist to cool everything down. It's been as hot as Hades here all night.
    I don't envy you being wakened by Heidi howling I like to wake up in my own time and I certainly don't envy you cooking the roast yesterday-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your puzzle sounds lovely. Her illustrations are beautiful aren't they.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.