Wednesday, 6 July 2016

The First Step

Last evening the two cavemen finally produced the first step! Not allowed to walk on it yet and this means Heidi is confined to what will be the patio area to do her business...

But it is progress...

Now the first levels are in place to work from hopefully things will pick up a pace...

Not sure when we'll have access to the wash house next though...

Could be wearing rags by next week!

Anyway...I have another trip to the city today due to work...so a long drive ahead shortly...

Yesterday afternoon I did a cook up, filling the cavemen's packing tins with fruit cakes and flapjacks...I then managed to wash the dishes before licking out the bowls...absolute torture!

Next I worked out the calories in each flapjack...300 and cake 180, and decided to treat myself to half a slice of flapjack and a long walk!

Tea time came and went and I took myself off for another brisk walk...stopping to pick a few heads of honeysuckle on the way which have spent the night scenting our bedroom wonderfully...

A very simple pleasure, but oh what a pleasure!

Glad to report a steady drop in weight since the arrival of Fitbit...that and the wedding are proving to be very strong persuaders to succeed this time round...I really feel more energised too for all the walking I've been doing...

'Till next time.

J. X

 

3 comments:

  1. I must look out for some honeysuckle flowers I love the scent, congrats on the weight loss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss. I've managed to drop a few pounds just by increasing my walking recently. I'm so tempted to get a Fitbit. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you! I also love the delicate and enticing scent of honeysuckle x

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.