Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Chilled

After yesterday's little wobble about the state of the cottage a big thank you for your kind words of support...

I managed to make some progress with clearing the area and it now is thankfully a place where you could possibly relax in if you were to have the time to!..

Unfortunately I can't do much about the dust except keep dusting when I can...

The kitchen is still very much a work in progress though, and the way I'm feeling could be for a day or two yet...

My joint hyper mobility syndrome is really playing up at the moment...

At our Monday Club things get stored in an under stairs cupboard which involves a lot of bending and twisting to access...

I'm trying to organise it so it's easier to take things out, but in the process have done too much of the bending and twisting and am now paying for it big time...

Some white chocolate helped ease the pain yesterday along with copious cups of tea...as recommended by yourselves...but goodness knows whose sweet ration I ate as well...everybody's probably...

Speaking of which...the meat rationing is going better than expected...

Packing up meal sized portions helped, however the milk situation is not so good...

Younger generation are still drinking far too much of the stuff, so we would definitely have had to barter on the black market for extra or keep cows...

Everything else seems ok, but I'm well aware that back in the day things just were not available to buy even if you had the points and money to buy them with...

If nothing else this rationing thing will keep our meat consumption to a reasonable level...cavemen I'm referring to you!

So I'll leave you with a picture of the good old holly and oak trees entwined...

And let's hope the nights don't pull in too quickly!

J. x

 

2 comments:

  1. As much as I like my morning coffee tea is still the best drink of the day and it sounds even better if it's washing down some white chocolate.
    Be gentle on yourself-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound a lot happier, never underestimate the curative powers of chocolate! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.