Wednesday, 15 June 2016

Balmy June Days

With a definite pinch of salt...

Yes it's balmy here at Little Winter...

Yes the above photo was taken earlier today!

And the story of our lives at the moment is predominantly all about mud...

Outside...

 

And inside...

The shed in the picture is the old pigsty and is now our utility (read dump for everything we don't want in the house)...getting up there is so not fun at the moment...

Youngest has been home this morning and we have started sorting some of the baking ingredients...


Well it's a start anyway! Can't rush perfection can you?

We need to motivate the cavemen this evening into putting up some hooks and skirting board...

Only time will tell on this one...

Yesterday took me so out of my comfort zone as to be unreal...

I had an hour and a half journey to a three hour meeting...

Then another three parts of an hour to a learner...

Then back to the city...

And another hour and a half...plus ten minutes actually...as the sat nav decided to take me a different way around Exeter...on the way home...

But I did it!

And hopefully next time I have to do it I shan't keep waking up the night before worrying!

We've just had lunch and daughter needs to scoot off to college to her accounting course...she works presently with adults with learning disabilities, but hopes one day to get an accounting position...I foresee a long journey ahead!

Anyway...I really cannot procrastinate any longer...the washing will need attending to and I'm the woman for the job...

Wrap up warm and boots on and off on a slippery adventure I must go...

J. x

 

8 comments:

  1. We've resorted to the summertime fire too - it is rather grey and damp and only a lit woodburner seems to banish that. Hope the mud sorts itself out soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lovely fire is heartwarming any day of the year! x

      Delete
  2. That is a lot of mud! The kitchen shelves are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mud...would you like some mud?! I could give you some mud!! x

      Delete
  3. Oh that fire looks soooooo good. I wish we had lit ours tonight as I am freezing.
    A hot shower and off to bed with a hot water bottle I think-x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes mud we had a winter and spring of it, wellies were a permanent fixture on the doorstep it was a shame the dog didnt have wellies as he was the one who brought the mud into the house, love the kitchen shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs have four feet too! She'll have to learn to wipe them maybe. x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.