Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Ready Made Curtains

Warning...

Minor rant coming...

I do not profess to be a brilliant seamstress...

But curtains are just straight sewing really...anyway...

We decided to let the youngsters choose their own curtains for our downstairs area...

They didn't appreciate my love of tartan in quite the same way as I did!

Not a problem...

But they are on a budget...

So off they went shopping...

And came back delighted with their 'bargains'...

'Curtains' readymade from Dunelm...

See through...

Wonky...

Pathetic heading tape...

Even more pathetic linings...

So what's a curtain freak like me to do but unpick these 'readymades' and remake the darn things!

The top material has poppies on and is actually quite pretty...

They could have done with being a little wider but I can't diss all their choices...

But I can't abide to look at wonky see through curtains either...

I really don't feel like photographing the flimsies...You're going to have to wait for the new hopefully improved versions!

Instead I'll leave you with a picture of the range at Montacute House...

J. X

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That range looks straight out of Downton Abbey - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always despair at the quality of home wares in shops, its just tat and the fabrics are usually really nice, the voile's I bought when we first moved it were all uneven, I haven't altered them because I intend making new curtains at some point, but every time I look at them it irritates me

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.