Friday, 13 May 2016

Rationing Update

Oh the trouble I have had getting this to appear on here!
I've had to do it for the month on this template...all weights are imperial ounces except pints of milk and individual eggs...
Let's see how we get on the rest of the month...
I know what will be a certain fail...milk...for today's transaction of 12 pints has not yet been entered. I could cope very well on 6 pints per week...the younger generation not so...
I decided to go for the monthly plan for two reasons...that's what the template requires, and it makes buying small amounts much easier...nobody wants to give you a single slice of anything nowadays...
I still have a store of naughties in the pantry cupboard...but then so would anyone have...and as time goes on that will naturally dissipate...
Tonight's tea is our raffle winning piece of pork...Friday night is meat raffle night at our local and last week we struck lucky! I will not be including this as part of the rations...call it luck...call it contraband...call it black market...I don't care!
Heidi had put on a little weight when she visited the vet and so though I don't include her meat in the rations she now eats chopped carrot, apple, and sometimes has frozen yogurt with banana in it...healthy living! Apart from her meat the other bits count towards the £30 all else spend...so that's rations plus Heidi's meat plus £30. Job done.
We have enjoyed a beautiful day here in the Devon countryside...it doesn't get much better than this...the birds are singing...the sun is shining...tea is cooking...albeit slowly in the little oven...bedding has dried on the line...along with lots of other washing...and it's Friday...
Enjoy your weekend everyone,
Jackie. X

1 comment:

  1. Everybody seems to be having sun except us here in our corner of Staffordshire. It's been dull, cold and windy for most of today.
    Thanks so much for the Liebster Award. I will sort my part out over the weekend-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.