Wednesday, 25 May 2016

It Was A Cold One

Saturday found us travelling to a nieces wedding...

And what a beautiful wedding it was...

But what a shame about the weather...

The huge barn that the reception was in was unheated...

And draughty...

And there I was in my lacy attire...

My sister who was mother of the bride made the brides dress...

She looked stunning...

And surprisingly not too cold!

On our way home the next day we called into Montacute House, a national trust property. It started to thunder and lightning but luckily not for long...

I decided not to take too many photos while there and to just enjoy the visit...

They do still have some of the kitchen in the house but sadly not all as some of it is now a housekeepers flat...

Also what was once the walled vegetable garden appears to be the car park...

Those two things are always our favourite parts of properties as you get an idea how people's lives really were...

We also veered off the beaten track and onto Exmoor...

Partaking in a delicious cream tea at Exford...

Then Monday came, reality struck and it was back to work...

I have been having lots of meetings as well, and this afternoon I finally start on my new job...

More training!

Anyway a little thing known to millions as the VAT return is getting impatient to be filed and as usual I'm dragging my heels...

Tut tut!

J. x


 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous weekend.
    The bride is beautiful-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely family event, your niece looks lovely its great she had a one off creation made by her mum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece looks lovely. It sounds like a great weekend. I hope your job training is quick and painless. X

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.