Thursday, 14 April 2016

The Final Countdown

We're on the final countdown now to moving. Carpet should be laid on Monday. We probably won't be taking beds over in the evening, but I'd really like to be in by Wednesday night to sleep as it's hubby's birthday then. Fingers crossed.

It looks as though the weather is going to feel decidedly chilly for the coming weekend. We have been rather spoilt this week, apart from a few sharp showers and a mighty thunderstorm on Tuesday afternoon. We had hails not far off golf balls and it looked for all the world like mushrooms growing in the grass.

I've had a run in with some decidedly orange wood, which I'm none too keen on. Bleach has been utilised several times. Later I'm rubbing in some briwax and hope for a more muted effect.

 

Heidi has been coming regularly to the cottage this week. She appears to appreciate the garden.

She even'helped' me to square up the small area we're storing some logs in at the moment...

I would show you inside the utility shed...old pig house, but I'm going to pretend I never looked in there and saw the mess dumped through all the building process. And if I haven't noticed it, it won't be me who has to sort it out!

J. x

 

2 comments:

  1. How exciting. Can't wait to see you move in.
    Isn't Heidi beautiful? She looks so cuddly and soft-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with it all I am sure it will be home sweet home very soon

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.