Saturday, 2 April 2016

I Didn't Order This!

Namely the rain that is pelting down outside and shows no signs of abating any time soon. BBC weather app...you got it so wrong this morning! It's fair chucking it down. Humph!

Today I'm awarding myself a rest from painting, what with arm, elbow, and wrist ache it's a no no today. I'm prepared to let someone else take the strain this soggy day thank you.

Instead I'm donning pinny and gloves and going to try and remove the building grime from the bathroom. I may just ban sanding after that!

Eldest daughter who was going to be my right hand helper this weekend has a nasty chesty cold so quite rightly is keeping away from the dust.

After feeding the cows hubby has excused himself and left for a farm implement sale...complete with cheque book...ugh no!

Plans for this afternoon include...a warm fire...a glass of ginger wine...feet reposed upon something off the floor, and comfy cushions.

Can't wait...

Take care, J. X

6 comments:

  1. I'm a little envious of your plans for the afternoon. I have a supermarket trip, laundry to do and a bed to build. Hopefully I will then have time to complete my current WIP which I have been putting off because it involves picking up stitches (not something I am confident at). Have a restful day Jackie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no need to be envious, luxuriating by the fire did not happen! Not too keen on picking up stitches either, pity you aren't blogging at the moment. X

      Delete
  2. Soggy start to the day here, its now starting to brighten up your afternoon plans sound perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It dried up at lunchtime and we have had a lovely afternoon, which I couldn't justify wasting so now have aching muscles and a slightly cleaner future home. x

      Delete
  3. Ooooooh I think I might join you with the feet up thing. I've spent a scrubby morning in the kitchen cooker cleaning etc and now have the knees of a ninety year old. Gawd they do hurt.
    Rain has cleared up here but it still keeps clouding over......no sunbathing here then-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relax Sheila, I too was on my knees scrubbing, then sweeping and sanding. Everything hurts! x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.