Friday, 1 April 2016

A Picture Tells A Thousand Words

A top up visit to Lidl the other day...

In my defence they were being flogged off cheaply...

Still...

Sensible eating has been on hold over the Easter period...

Niece is doing well but appears blind in one eye which is unlikely to change...

I'm losing the will to lift a paintbrush or pack any more stuff...

It could still be another couple of weeks to moving day and quite frankly I'm fed up now...

I just want to be in a clean, dry, tidy house...

We could well be cooking on top of the woodburner for a while, any suggestions for cakes or scones that can be hob baked would be greatly received. Perhaps I should source myself a couldron for authenticity!

Take care everyone, J. x


 

6 comments:

  1. I think you are perfectly entitled to indulge a little Jackie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jules, believe me I have been indulging! x

      Delete
  2. No explanations or excuses neccessary........if you want chocolate you have some....I do now and again and I am not even supposed to eat it.
    So glad to hear that your niece is doing well though very sad to hear about her blindness.
    Have you tried drop scones on your hob? -x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, as yet I haven't cooked at the cottage on the woodburner, but in the past I've made welsh cakes on a griddle on a Rayburn. If we have to wait for a cooker I'll be quite happy cooking meals on the woodburner top for a while, it's the cake baking that would cause problems. Could be fun trying though! x

      Delete
  3. Chocolate is nice every now and then! Why not? Enjoy. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my little blog Linda. I am enjoying the chocolate. Hope it's not too cold in your part of the world. x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.