Saturday, 5 March 2016

Time To...

Nourish...

In more ways than one...

Healthy eating to nourish my body...

Quiet times to nourish my soul...

We're reaching the end of a long dark winter...

Our bodies need the vitamins from the sun...

Mine especially seems to need them...

Soon we shall be moving to Little Winter...

This project has taken much out of me...

Physically...

But more so mentally...

I'm sure there will be further challenges associated with the set up we've slipped into...

I'm ready to let go control...

Of colour schemes...

And fabric weights...

In the communal living areas...

I want to make our bedroom totally ours...

In choices of everything...

I still need a little piece of 'me'...

I'm thinking of ways to incorporate 'me' into the fabric of this home other than in walls and carpets and curtains...

I may well make some cushions out of pieces of my current curtains..

Maybe a squidgy throw to cuddle...

Bliss...

And prove that through compromise we can all achieve a beautiful home...

But when the time comes for us to leave it...

We shan't be ripping down the soft furnishings nor leaving them behind only to be disappointed that they get changed anyway...

They can be them...

And we can be us...

Everyone else may have problems...

But hopefully we will be snug as little hibernating harvest mice at the cottage in the Dell...

~

Each year when Mothering Sunday comes around my heart becomes a little heavier...

There is nothing like a Mother...

And no replacement when she's no longer around...

Later this month will mark the 13th anniversary of my Mother's passing...

She never seems to get further away...

Rather some pangs of longing for even just one more afternoon sitting together quietly by the Rayburn with the fire door open as the sun sets...

Or watching her knitting...

She was a very skilled knitter and sewer...

Get ever deeper...

I hope she's resting in peace...

~

I'm hoping to have the VAT return wrapped up by lunchtime...

So I can concentrate on this beast...

I've been doing some more ripping back...

This time on the edging...

Hopefully by bedtime it will be ready to drape around my shoulders!

And as yesterday saw me pop my first sage tablet...

Hopefully it won't be too long before I appreciate some added warmth!!

Take care everyone...

J. X






 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry Jules... Just clicked delete instead of publish on your comment by mistake...blame cold hands!
    And likewise I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow also. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your snug little nest finished-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.