Thursday, 4 February 2016

It Went Where

Referring to January...I'm sure it was here the last time I looked...but no...not any more...

Whether it has been the weather...or activities at the cottage...or three weeks of phlegm fighting...

Anyhow it's gone! Much like Imbolc which I spent wrapped up fetching logs for our fire...

Ah well...such is life as part of the ever turning wheel...

I really wish the weather could cheer up...surely a dry day must be ours to enjoy before too long...

Some of our large plant tubs I have tipped onto their sides to prevent further weight bearing rain entering...after all we have to shift these babies before long!

Perhaps that is where my energy has vanished to...the clouds...

I know I should be frantically packing and cleaning...but I feel in need of the sun on my bones to give me some strength first...

I would love to have built a bonfire to celebrate the coming of Imbolc...I guess the wood burner sufficed to honour Brigid...

As I sit here with my feet planted in the warming oven of the Esse I can see the holly tree being blown in a very cold damp looking North wind. The last of our sunflower stalks are nodding at the top of the garden. The empty washing line is being jiggled up and down. It looks cold, grey, uninviting...especially to someone who is still fighting a nasty little virus...one that seems to be finding my chest a very worthy host. Yesterday warm honey and lemon soothed my cough...but didn't taste half as nice as the rose hip syrup and lemonade drink which followed!

Food has been a very simple affair of late...using up what is on hand coupled with lack of energy...but simple doesn't have to mean neglecting the taste buds!

I've also turned out some wool and needles...I've been feeling the need for a shawl...

At first the whole pattern confused me...until I realised that though you start with 10 stitches you're actual knitting from the top down, and the top will become the straight edge!

A few more nights knitting by the fire should see a good progression on this project...

I've been neglecting blog hopping a little of late...and have treated myself to some snuggle up time watching Tales From The Green Valley on YouTube...

The yearning for simpler times has been stirring in my soul...

Many material possessions I am ready to be free of...

A new home will bring forth a new more in tune way of living with nature...

Until next time,

Take care, J. x

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Even I a winter girl through and through am ready for a change in the weather.
    You can't beat a good snuggle when you're poorly so keep on snuggling and get yourself better-x-

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.