Sunday, 28 February 2016

A Promise To Myself

As I mentioned previously...things have been far from cushtie around here these past few weeks...
Creativity has been drained from my system by a certain somebody's petty wants and need to be right in all matters...
This appears sadly to be still ongoing...
It is not someone we will be living with...
And breathe...
I avoid conflict whenever possible...
But this is getting really ridiculous...
This aggravating person also doesn't realise that hubby's Mother is having surgery next week to remove a lump from where she previously had breast cancer...
Like we need agro right now...
So this morning after yet another pitiful nights sleep I have made a promise to myself...
For the duration that I am living at the cottage I will be creatively productive...
Not on projects for the cottage...
But for our future...
I have relinquished taking my plants to the cottage...
They are in far too large a pots and hubby assures me he can provide a suitable place near our wood store at the farm...
We will be taking our free standing kitchen and living room furniture still, but I no longer care what colour goes on the walls...
I was going to cut up our present curtains to save money and use them at the cottage...
But I really don't care what goes up in the windows and have no 
inclination for all the hard work that would involve...
But I have plans...
To sew cosy quilts...
Padded table coverings...
Gifts for our children...
Be tranquil down by the woods amongst my gardens temporary home...
Do some lovely home baking...
Prepare for eldest daughters autumn wedding...
And take time for me...
And hope to goodness I never need total control of everything and everyone else's business...
Happy thoughts everyone...
Below is a photo of sunshine in his brand new to him home...
He has lots to keep him busy to get it all ship shape...

Good luck boy...
J. x




4 comments:

  1. Aw Jackie....sorry you are having to deal with a mean person. I wonder if they realise how ugly their meaness makes them appear.
    Your creative plans sound wonderful. I look forward to seeing them come to life.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila...I need hugs right now! x

      Delete
  2. Hi Jackie. You must be completely drained from having to deal with such behaviour and I hope you are able to keep your promise to yourself and keep positive. Having been (and still am to some extent) on the receiving end of controlling behaviour I understand what a negative and ongoing impact it can have. Much love. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Jules...it is mega draining...and so upsetting...I feel sick as anything...hope your situation pans out OK for you. X

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.