Thursday, 28 January 2016

Sawdust For Brains

Yup...that's me with a head full of cold...

Take this morning for instance...I had to drive to Mole Valley Farmers in South Molton...quite a journey...to exchange a faulty part for the flue...

What a beautiful morning...why not drive just a little further and call in to see an old friend...

So I did...only she's moved!

GONE!

Some friend...but that's another story...

Let's say she was a user...

But some part of me hoped she'd change back to how she was when our children were young and friends...

Only she never did...

Then her husband up and left...

So maybe I should be grateful not to have caught up with her today after all!

Anyway...now I'd driven a way up the road I had an idea to drive as far as Tiverton to visit The Range shop...

So on I drove...

Cos I've been fancying a couple more really strong clothes baskets that they do...

I parked up in Tiverton to set the sat nav on my phone...

And then...

HORROR...

The dawning realisation that Tiverton doesn't have The Range...

Taunton does...

But that's a ways up the bloomin motorway...

No no!

So I turned around...

And tried to drink in the beauty of the scenery that this mornings glimmer of sun gave...

I tried...really I did...

But I'm still rather cheesed off with my sawdust brain!

Hopefully this afternoon things have improved in the upstairs department as I, fingers crossed, have written the last essays for my diploma...

No visit to the cottage today for me...

So instead I leave you with a glimmer of Christmas just passed...


'Twas rather buddiful!

J. x

 

6 comments:

  1. I don't like Christmas cake but I do love looking at them in all their sparkly icing glory.
    Hope the sawdust blows away soon-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your essay writing! It sounds like you are better off without said 'friend'. We'll just brush over your moment of crazy. I'm forever doing things like that. I think it's because, as women, we have one hundred and one things going around our minds at any one moment. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh! We have The Range in Torbay... I went once out of curiosity, and you know what that did to the cat! But I suppose if you look through all the chaff you can find a small amount of wheat, even at The Range!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baskets required were ordered online and have duly arrived! x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.