Monday, 21 December 2015

Winter Solstice

Guess what we got today...


Lots of work ahead to make a new home...

It's been a week...stress...an upset scalding hot cup of tea...

And pyjama bottoms that wouldn't come off easily...

Ouch...

Then while gutting the turkeys we'd bought I cut myself on a very dirty knife...but they no longer give antibiotics as a precaution...hey ho...

So....what have I done on one of the longest evenings of the year...

My Yule log...(hubby fetched me a fresh one yesterday) nuff said!


 

Maybe I'll tweak it tomorrow...

But do you want a laugh...

I always maintain that every time I get ready for bed early either something happens or someone comes...

Well today my burn, which is at the top of my leg has been hurting rather a lot so I'd removed skirt and tights to let the air work its magic...

There I was in lovely knickers cutting greenery with gay abandon when knock knock on the door...

Oh my days...we had a visitor...hubby's best man at our wedding...I scooted up the hallway past him in a rather fetching blanket to retrieve my skirt!

Anyway...exciting though getting the key is today, we must also take the time to enjoy the season...

Night night...J. x

 

3 comments:

  1. pop a smidgen of honey on your cut , it's antibacterial and anti inflammatory :) but this is a little old so your finger may have healed by now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip...it is beginning to heal up but I may still give it a go...may pop some on my burn also! I'm a bit of a walking disaster at the moment!! Seasons Greetings, Jackie x

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome :) it's also great for burns, i'm a walking disaster all of the time so i'm well versed in different remedies haha :)
      Have a Merry Christmas x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.