Sunday, 13 December 2015

Too Much Tree!

Oh dear...we've really gone and done it this time...

Letting our youngest choose the festive tree...

Now we have too much tree...

At one point hubby was missing in action with a handsaw underneath...

And it's a first that we've actually had to tie the tree to some shelf brackets on the wall!

It took hubby and all the staff at the tree farm to encourage it through the netting machine...poor tree!

Tomorrow evening I hope we can make it look lovely...I'm having my doubts at the moment, but maybe it's just because a bare tree indoors doesn't look right...

Anyway...this evening I've started fiddling with some bits to try and make the place look pretty for what looks to be our last season here...

So far...

 

Trying to get the lighting right is awkward...too much and you lose the atmosphere of the picture...too little and it's a guessing game what the picture is of!

After work tomorrow I hope to complete the decorating...though I'll add the fresh greenery next weekend...

I had intended to make a huge Yule log...but after picking said log...and getting hubby to saw it...and bringing it home to dry for a few days...

I asked hubby to just saw the other end off the log where it had been cut for years...and well...he in his infinite wisdom saw fit to saw it in half...

BAD MOVE...

As I'd already explained to him I wanted to chisel out a rectangle in the centre to line with plastic and pop in some oasis for greenery and a candle...then drill a hole each side of this for two more candles...I wanted a long log so the greenery would drape over it...whatever he was thinking when he cut the so called bent bit off I don't know...however at the moment I'm very cross, and have withdrawn my tea making and conversational functions...

I guess I'll have to go get another log and sort it all out myself...and he just may have to learn how to use the washing machine and bake.

Such is life...I should have known better...if you want something doing...do it yourself.

J. x

 

2 comments:

  1. .........or too little house!
    That tree is certainly a whopper. but plenty of room for loads of decorations unlike our small artificial tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo! It's not really Christmas without the struggle to get the tree into the house. It's an artificial one for us again this year. Hopefully we will be back to having a real one next year when Mog has calmed down. X

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.