Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Imagine

Imagine a life in which money and possessions were unimportant.

Imagine a life where time is of little importance in everyday living.

Imagine getting closer to your soul...and what really matters.

Imagine letting yourself be as one with nature...appreciating the little things...

Like the sunrise, shrouded in a cool mist...the hoot of an owl piercing through the dead of night...the glisten of droplets hanging like diamonds from a cobweb...the magic of seeing the first springtime swallow, and the sadness of saying goodbye in autumn.

These are some of the positives that are going to be available for me to enjoy from now on...no more late shifts followed by an early...our weekends are going to be ours again...

The downside will be that money will be tighter...I am only going to be doing one day a week outside our home...the activity club which I helped set up for our residents...yes common sense has won...the health of my back is too important to carry on in my current role as care support worker...will I miss it...sure I will...sometimes...but what I could lose by carrying on through the pain would be far far more.

Am I bored...no...seriously...hubby has just bought me a gift of Sage 50 accounting software to get to grips with...charming...

I have been frantically trying to catch up with the backlog of paperwork. Pain had left me unable to concentrate on days off...now I am home more I can slowly work towards being more organised.

But money will be tighter...or will it...I was working for close to the minimum wage...I am a partner in our business and anything extra I earn is taxed...allowing for travelling expenses and tax, and study time for the diploma I was doing...well it was a scary calculation...then factor in being too tired to cook and ordering takeaway far too often, if I can become a good household manager hopefully my one shift a week can become our what the heck money.

And I should be far less stressed and cranky...hopefully...

So...I still have plenty of back issues...but am having treatment...

I need to lose about the same amount of weight as my dog does...

I have helped to paint our living room...

I need to remake the curtains with an interlining...

I will be making homemade Yuletide gifts...

I have ordered the book Sage 50 for dummies...

I am happy to have made a momentous decision...

But...a little question...

Why do these always have to grow...


Right next to these...

 

Any suggestions...or is it just to torment me...not only do I get my arms scratched to pieces...I get stung into the bargain! But oh so worth the trauma...

Take care, J. x

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi J. What a wonderful opportunity. I stopped working in a hands on position in the care sector just over two years ago and my health (mental and physical) has thanked me for it. Much as I loved the work I would never go back. I can't help with the nettle situation I'm afraid - they're a bugger! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules...here here! I know the feeling well! J. x

      Delete
  2. Aw, this was a very good post. Taking the time and actual effort to
    create a top notch article… but what can I say…
    I hesitate a whole lot and don't manage to get nearly anything done.


    My web site :: lasertest

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.