Saturday, 25 July 2015

More Heavens Than One

Right now we are here...

And my beloved mutt in the above photo has just done this...

So that now the table and bench is a little damp!

The sun is shining but there is a cool breeze...I have on layers...read dressed up like an old hag!! In my coke bottle there is refreshing home made elderflower cordial. Mmmmmmmmm...the water is making a beautiful sound.

I can hear sounds in the distance. The local Cavaliers are burning rubbish by their bonfire...they are making a replica of Trumpton. It will all go up in smoke at the end of August. I believe their bonfires are practically world famous. Great Torrington has a lot of history from the civil war.

Now Heidi has found something revolting to roll in...glad she's having such a good time...read sarcasm here! She will need to go back in the river before we go.

Yesterday was not a bad day...but the weather was not good...I worked and it continued to rain until late evening so no walkies...Heidi was sad. This morning I went down to the Cowslip studios/ workshops near Launceston with my eldest daughter. They have a special weekend on with stalls and demonstrations on their Bernia sewing machines. I bought some fabric at a knock down price... fabric that I nearly bought a few days ago not at such a bargain! This made me verrrry happy. As soon as I came back a certain someone started to howl....she wasn't going to be overlooked two days running for sure.

The table where I'm sitting is not always free...so today we are lucky...I can blog and read while Heidi has a little paddling time, though at the moment she's right by me dripping her wetness over my legs...cool dog! There's also a sizeable dribble forming...lucky me!

I've also visited a very popular butchers today...Philip Warren...based on an industrial estate in Launceston, if footfall is anything to go by we should have some delicious local meat over the next month. I bought a selection, having been living on boring for the last umpteen weeks. Anyway they sell big bags of cooked meaty bones...perfect for well behaved dogs...if only I knew of one....pity!!

Right after typing the above we were visited by two male Alsatian doggies...who wanted to sniff Heidi's oops a daisy so we went a wandering. Two hours later...we'd had a big adventure that went something like this...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The photo above is looking down at where we came from...it's steep...we had to cross the river and climb...and there are adders about...we could hear them, that's why we stuck close to the shade of the river most of the time. Finally we made it to the Alexander path and back up to the car...

Guess who's fallen asleep?!! Snoring too...bless...

Below are a few photos from our trip to Jamaica Inn and Boscastle...

A man trap...yikes

 

Above the pub fireplace and below Mary's room fireplace...

As in Mary Yellan from Jamaica Inn...And below the original bar with characters from the book...

And Boscastle...

 

 

'Twas fun...but enough idleness...someone needs to prepare some tea...whoever that may be?!!...Take care, J. x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.