Friday, 12 June 2015

High Tea

Made with homemade butter, homemade buttermilk, topped with homemade jam...high tea at Winters End yesterday looked like this...

Homemade calories don't need counting do they?!

And the garden looked like this...

 

Deep breath and relax...but then the rains came. Thunder rain. This morning was dry, but since coming home from work it's been raining solidly. But you can feel it's good growing rain.

I've decided to leave straining the elderflowers until the morning as I just can't be bothered tonight think they'll benefit from the extra time spent soaking.

Just two for tea tonight. Bacon and broccoli in a cheese sauce topped with boiled slices of new potatoes. Hopefully yummy.

With a bit of luck tomorrow we may see a glimmer of sunshine...it would be most welcome. I keep forgetting to mention, I took down my wartime rations page when I realised I couldn't just add to it. Quite frankly, I don't really have much time for writing about it right now either, but I am trying to keep us on the straight and narrow. So far so good. Once my diploma is out of the way perhaps I'll find a need to still write pages and pages and tell you more about our triumphs and failures. But for now on here I really just want to chill.

Take care,

J. x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.