Thursday, 19 March 2015

Turning A Corner

The past few weeks have not been the happiest of my life. So many things have occurred. The loss of my daughters cat in a tragic accident sadly has not been the only downer in our lives. A nephew of mine appears to have a very life limiting disease and my youngest was admitted to hospital as an emergency case on Tuesday. She's had some surgery and thankfully is on the mend, but I guess my heart feels heavy. I've been for a walk in glorious sunshine today and made a start scrubbing the green from the concrete and paving around the garden. But still when I stop it feels as though my heart could break into a thousand tiny pieces. I miss our son who works and lives away so much, and Mother's Day this year fell on the anniversary of my own Mother's passing, and it felt a bit tragic really. But there you go. This feeling will pass in it's own good time.

I knew I wouldn't get my three days in a row off this week, well the first was spent in hospital, the second was spent doing my daughter's ten hour work shift, and today has been a laundry and shopping catch up marathon.

However the sun has shone beautifully, and I've managed to get a good dose of happiness hormone to help replenish the tank, which feels as though it's been scraping the bottom of the barrel lately.

And finally...our dog is a very friendly creature, but she is large and I appreciate she could be daunting for delivery drivers who don't know her...BUT a few weeks ago she'd been left outside while we went shopping and on our return she could barely walk on one of her back legs. We presumed she had a prickle but couldn't find one. She yelped when we touched it. That night she whined and whimpered. Her leg improved, but then I saw our postman who remarked that she'd become nervous of him. Really? Not like our cuddly teddy bear at all. She no longer wanted to be outside during the daytime. She suffered with separation anxiety so much that I slept on the sofa. We now leave our bedroom doors open for her to wander at will. Then bingo..hubby remarked that he hadn't had a certain delivery. On contacting the company apparently a certain TNT delivery van had called twice, left no card because the dog was out. Yes Mr. TNT, you said that you had called on the day our dog 'hurt' her leg and became terrified. Thanks. I have since heard from people down the road that on the day in question they heard her cry all the afternoon of your visit, and now wish they had called over. She has refused to go for a walk since unless we get her straight in the car. This is the same dog that has spent days being petted by many enthusiastic children with challenging behaviour, and been fantastic with the learning disabled adults I work with. Her heart was broken. We love her enough to spend the time to heal her. So delivery drivers. Big dog...no likey...don't come through our gate and lay into my dog. Stay out and phone us...you had the number after all. If I know a delivery is due I either leave her in or leave a note on the order saying if she's out not to worry. On this unfortunate occasion what was ordered could have been sent by ordinary post but wasn't. Rant over, back to cuddling this girl who did come out today and had a lovely time on the Tarka Trail...progress made.


See I could never eat a whole delivery driver...so what was her crime...probably running up the drive with a tigger toy in her mouth. Poor baby.

J. x

 

2 comments:

  1. That is too bad about your poor dog.. What a wonderful beast.. So good looking. smile..
    Hopefully with time he/she will trust again...
    Praying that you will feel better soon... xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faye, yes thankfully she is improving, though she still will not go for a walk unless she goes in the car first! And yes thankfully I do feel much better. Daughter is back to work, and despite some things that I am powerless to change life is good. Oh and doggie is called Heidi...alias Teddy, Bungle, and Baby Bear. Take care, J. x

      Delete

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.