Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Let The Rationing Begin

The time has come...rationing is upon this household. Today the shopping has been sourced. I think the financial restraints I am having to impose on ourselves may well help me stick to the ethos of rationing.

Today has found me calculating and scribbling down, then jiggling some more. Finding ways of making each penny stretch to do the work of ten.

Only time will tell if my plans will work out...but aside from wanting to abide by the ww2 rationing system, we are hopeful of moving at some point during this year, and so any ways to scrimp and save in order that we have some play in our budget to make our new house a home will be welcomed.

Luckily at this time of year I always have a well stocked pantry and freezer which will help save some pennies for a month or so. We may even top up with rationed items to store that we don't desperately need at the moment to help us out in leaner times.

So this evening as I sit by the lovely warm fire plotting and planning for our future struggles, I can hear the wind howling outside. This is deepening my resolve to do whatever it takes to see this project through.

J. X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.