Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Going Through It

For over the past week I seem to have been going through it so to speak. First a sore throat, then upset tummy, then sickness, then headcold, and now for good measure a water infection. Have I done something to offend those upstairs? It's beginning to feel like it...and tomorrow hubby and I are travelling North to visit our son for a few days. I only hope I don't pass anything on, maybe a few days away will do me the world of good...hope so! In the last week I've lost 3 1/2 shifts due to illness. Yes these little bugs are proving rather expensive to have, but there was just no way I could have worked through it. Perhaps this will have been my quota of illness for the whole autumn/winter period. Let's hope so.

The trouble with being so fogged up is that no matter how much you try to do things like paperwork you just can't, and last night I was to be found looking in the fridge for a baking tray. Anybody else know the feeling. Brain doesn't want to work at the moment, and to be honest giving the amount of disgusting crap I've blown, sneezed and dripped out of my head it's no wonder. But for how much longer. I want to feel better...like NOW!

Jobs are building up...like always...I'd like to make our mantlepiece look a little more autumnal, change the china on the dresser, and generally cosy up now the nights are well and truly pulled in. In short I want cosy, warm, welcoming...I've resigned myself not to be moving this side of Christmas and that's OK. However if someone with lovely deep pockets could please buy the land and property up for sale by my inlaws I n the Spring I'd be ever do grateful.

So for the rest of the day it's a case of washing, ironing and packing everything we are going to need for our...wait for it...FIVE nights away, took some persuading of hubby that one, so I just told him it was that or nothing and if he didn't want or couldn't come I'd go on my own. Guess what...it only went and worked! So tomorrow off we go. I'm getting excited now though I shall miss the dog and daughter that lives with us. Anyway, enough rambling I have things to do...


Yep this China needs to be put up when we get home!

J. x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.