Sunday, 7 September 2014

Preparing For Winter

We are exhausted...all day we've been getting logs cut, split and stacked in readiness for Winter. We are hoping to get ahead of the game as we should and have a couple years worth logged and drying out, but this is hard backbreaking work. Everybody has been rendered starving with hunger. I am shattered from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. The men want a bbq for tea, and I can't really blame them. Today calories have been burnt.

Last evening saw us taking quite a jaunt off to Woolhanger Manor up on Exmoor for a wedding party. What a lovely place, the reception was held in the music room, and this is my kind of lighting...

They hit the spot for me centre on.

The oldest parts of the Manor date from the 13th. C.

Check it out on Google. I thought the setting was amazing.

Tomorrow I go back to work after two lovely weeks at home...

I'm sure I'll soon get back into the swing of things...but oh it feels hard to go back.

Hopefully the next few weeks or months will see the start of some happy changes for us, but for now...

J. x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.