Thursday, 21 August 2014

The Fast Moving Month

August...you have turned out soggy, cooler and breezier than I'd like you to be. I long for a late summer glorious afternoon stroll lazily picking blackberries. In reality I've been slogging it out at work...but stop...I now embark on a fortnight off.

Though wait...I will need to perform many miracles in the next two weeks. A house to be vigarously scrubbed and tidied. Paperwork to wade through. A garden to weed, clear up and prune into shape. Big sigh...no rest for the wicked.

Dreaming and longing for Winters End will have to be kerbed. No further forward motions sadly. Our time will come, just not quite yet. And with that thought I need to be satisfied.

Tomorrow though a day out with eldest daughter...and hopefully a well behaved dog. Relaxation and another year on the clock if you get my drift!

So chin up, best foot forward...Winters End will come eventually.

J. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.