Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Thank You

Thank you to everyone who sent birthday greetings. It was nice to spend some time alone with my eldest daughter and have a good old catch up. Then a friend suprised me with a lovely bunch of flowers. Son and other daughter splashed out on a truly beautiful bouquet, hubby brought me a cup of tea in bed, and to cap it all we had our evening meal in the local pub. Slimming world went by the by for one evening!

See...beautiful!

The weather hasn't been quite so kind this weekend. On Sunday we were invited to a local manor house for a picnic. It stayed dry up until the words food's ready we're uttered. Though space inside wasn't a problem. How many homeowners when asked how many bedrooms their property had would reply...I don't actually know! Great company and a lovely spread though.

Yesterday by any standards I felt rotten in the morning...freezing with the cold and just horrid. I lit the fire and took out a lovely piece of roasting beef for tea. Eldest and her partner were duly invited, so six of us knoshed on a yummy tea. It was pouring with rain, so battery candles were lit, the curtains drawn and inside we were cosy. It may still be August, but if nature isn't going to play ball then neither am I.


 

Cosy...

Veg for tea was grown by hubby...the taste was wonderful but just look at some of the specimens I had to deal with...

 

Mr. and Mrs. Carrot and the skinny parsnip family.

Well enough dilly dallying...today paperwork awaits me...I really need to get stuck in, the weather isn't likely to intice me outside anytime soon so it should go reasonably well. Have fun doing what you're all doing.

J. x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.