Saturday, 7 June 2014

How Time Flies

Surely it can't be as long as that that I wrote anything on here. May has been cold at times, and June appears to be rather stormy. Yesterday had me fearing for the polytunnel. I've had to order some tape to reinforce all the places that rub against the frame. Today the wind has picked up again thoughly thankfully at present not as strongly as yesterday. Last night we had thunderstorms too.

The raspberries and many other plants seem to be getting blown to bits. Why do we need wind?

The diet is still in progress 8lbs lost so far! The other day I was oggling a little uk size 10 skirt that sits in my wardrobe that I've never worn. I'm still a way off yet but every little helps.

I have been doing a lot of reading about rationing in ww2 and am toying with the idea of living off them for a while. Yesterday saw the 70th anniversary of the D Day landings. My father was a mile or so away injured and waiting for a boat to bring him back to the UK on that very day. Knowing how he went back to his war years just before he died and the terrors he suffered I couldn't bring myself to watch any of the television coverage, though I really wanted to.

Strange feelings.

But back to the present...work soon...a late today followed by an early tomorrow! Waw...guess who's going to be pooped by the end of that shift!!

J. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments before publishing. If I think a comment would offend anyone I will not publish it.